    What I have to do to build this code in version 2.0

    Thanks and Regard
    Dg

    Digvijay Singh, Nov 13, 2009

  2. Digvijay Singh

    Patrice Guest

    The UpdatePanel is not part of 2.0 or the Ajax Toolkit. This is an
    additional "Ajax extension for 2.0" download...

    Also as 3.5 is just 2.0 plus additional stuff, I would double check if you
    and your customers are not ready yet to upgrade to 3.5...

    --
    Patrice

    discussion : ...

    Patrice, Nov 13, 2009

  3. On Nov 13, 11:25 am, "Digvijay Singh" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have developed a Web Application in .Net 2008 and implemented
    > <asp:UpdatePanel /> in it.
    > But now I am trying to build it in .Net Version 2.0.
    > But it gives an error -- "Error 1 Unknown server tag 'asp:UpdatePanel' ".
    > I have downloaded earlier version of AjaxControlToolKit, but it does not
    > work.
    > What I have to do to build this code in version 2.0
    >
    > Thanks and Regard
    > Dg

    Add reference to System.Web.Extensions.dll. In the web.config file add
    into system.web section

    <pages>
    <controls>
    <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI"
    assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
    </controls>
    </pages>

    Read more here: http://www.asp.net/AJAX/Documentation/Live/ConfiguringASPNETAJAX.aspx

    Alexey Smirnov, Nov 13, 2009
  4. "Patrice" <http://scribe-en.blogspot.com/> wrote in news:u3LVW#FZKHA.1640
    @TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:

    > The UpdatePanel is not part of 2.0 or the Ajax Toolkit. This is an
    > additional "Ajax extension for 2.0" download...

    Clarification: It is part of the ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 download.

    Peace and Grace,
    Greg

    --
    Vote for Miranda's Christmas Story
    http://tinyurl.com/mirandabelieve

    Twitter: @gbworld

    | Think outside the box! |

    Gregory A. Beamer, Nov 13, 2009
  5. "Digvijay Singh" <> wrote in

    > I have developed a Web Application in .Net 2008 and implemented
    > <asp:UpdatePanel /> in it.
    > But now I am trying to build it in .Net Version 2.0.
    > But it gives an error -- "Error 1 Unknown server tag 'asp:UpdatePanel'
    > ". I have downloaded earlier version of AjaxControlToolKit, but it
    > does not work.
    > What I have to do to build this code in version 2.0

    1. Make sure you have downloaded and installed the AJAX 1.0 bits.
    http://www.asp.net/ajax/downloads/archive/

    2. Find the registration tags for AJAX and change from the 3.5 version
    to the 2.0 version. This is normally in web.config, but you may have
    some in each page if you did not use a 3.5 AJAX web template to create
    the site. If in each page, it is better to put in web.config and delete
    the individual page registrations so you can move back to 3.5 later.

    In general, this is all you have to do. If you have any issues, ensure
    the AJAX bits are properly registered in the GAC, or create a project
    refreence to the DLL so it will go to the /bin folder.

    Peace and Grace,
    Greg

    Gregory A. Beamer, Nov 13, 2009