How to run an ASP1.0 application in a non-fully-trusted environment?

Marlon Bodicker

Hi everybody,

First and foremost, I'm not sure these are the right groups to ask - if
not, feel free to direct me to a more fitting gtoup.

The company I work for has developed an ASP.Net website in Delphi RAD
Studio 2007. So far, several clients have received this website, no
troubles so far.

With our latest client, however, we've stumbled upon a problem. The
hosting company has warned us that they no longer support ASP 1.0, and
that we need to switch to ASP 2.0. Further more, they do not allow
applications to run in a fully trusted environment.

My colleague has upgraded the application to ASP 2.0, and has been able
to run the application on our own test servers. However, the application
will not work on the website provided by the hosting company, nor will it
work on our own servers if we use their configuration files.

The error we receive is the following:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------
Security Exception
allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the
required permission please contact your system administrator or change
the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException:
System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission

Source Error:

the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace
below.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission]
Borland.Vcl.Units.SysUtils.InitSysLocale() +0
Borland.Vcl.Units.SysUtils.GetFormatSettings() +11
Borland.Vcl.Units.SysUtils.Borland.Vcl.SysUtils() +71
Borland.Vcl.Units.SysUtils..cctor() +1120

--------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603;
ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

The hosting company is not willing to change their configuration, which
we can understand. Switching to another hosting companys is NOT possible.

Since neither my colleague nor I are ASP.Net developers, and the original
developer is no longer with us, we're stuck.

What do we need to do to enable our application to run without a fully-
trusted environment? Any info or links to helpful information would be
most welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Marlon