    How can I run some special start up code everytime the asp.net process
    starts?
    , Sep 9, 2005

  2. Karl Seguin Guest

    Use the Application_Start of the global.asax

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    come!)

    Karl Seguin, Sep 9, 2005

    How can I get a notification when ASPNET_WP starts? I need some way of
    starting the app automatically when the ASP process is restarted.

    Basically, we're just trying to make sure that our server app is always
    running. When ASPNET_WP gets "randomly" restarted our app gets shut
    down and doesn't start up again until somebody accesses a page.

    I did try Karl's solution, but I only seem to get called when somebody
    actually loads a page. I can't wait until somebody manually starts the
    app - this process needs to always be running.

    Of course, I was working on a debug machine, so my test environment
    does not mirror a real-world app very well.
    , Sep 9, 2005