How to run email-unpack.py from the Email Message Module.

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chuck Amadi, Jun 3, 2004.

  1. Chuck Amadi

    Chuck Amadi Guest

    Im running $ python email-unpack.py -d /home/chuck/surveyResults
    What parameters do I use I have tried substituting msgfile fp = open(msgfile)
    for my given path (/home/chuck/Mail/Inobx) still no joy please explain what im
    missing Im using the example from

    http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/node510.html

    unpackmail ins't a command So using [option] and msgfile
    </home/chuck/Mailo/Inbox>

    Thus get this prompt>

    Unpack a MIME message into a directory of files.

    Usage: unpackmail [options] msgfile

    -h / --help
    Print this message and exit.

    -d directory
    --directory=directory
    Unpack the MIME message into the named directory, which will be
    created if it doesn't already exist.

    msgfile is the path to the file containing the MIME message.

    Cheers Sorry for sounding thick please point me in the right direction on
    howto to use the python script.

    Thanks
    Chuck Amadi, Jun 3, 2004

  2. Chuck Amadi

    fishboy Guest

    On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 15:08:21 +0100, Chuck Amadi <>
    wrote:

    >Im running $ python email-unpack.py -d /home/chuck/surveyResults
    >What parameters do I use I have tried substituting msgfile fp = open(msgfile)
    >for my given path (/home/chuck/Mail/Inobx) still no joy please explain what im
    >missing Im using the example from

    Wild guess. Try executing the script directly:

    chmod 755 email-unpack.py

    fishboy, Jun 6, 2004

  3. Chuck Amadi

    chuck amadi Guest