How to run EXE in webserver on different user other than ASPNET a/

Guest

How to run EXE in webserver on different user credential other than ASPNET.

I'm trying to execute EXE in webserver and its runns under ASPNET NT account
but I want to run the EXE in different user creadential how do i achive....

Thanks in advace...

-Senthil

Guest

Hi,

You can use impersonation like this (in web.config):

<identity impersonate="true" userName="contoso\Jane" password="pass"/>

This will make the whole asp.net application use the impersonation.

Saravanan K V

Scott Allen

Hi,

You can use impersonation like this (in web.config):

<identity impersonate="true" userName="contoso\Jane" password="pass"/>

This will make the whole asp.net application use the impersonation.

Not the entire application, but individual threads will assume the
identity while they are processing a single request.

If however, you spawn an executable, even from an impersonating thead,
the new process assumes the identity of the parent process by default.

http://odetocode.com/Blogs/scott/archive/2004/10/28/602.aspx

Guest

Thanks ... I will check these and update you guys... before any other
alternatives are appriciated....

Guest

I tried this method and I'm getting a following error message

CreateProcessAsUser failed with 1314

Scott Allen

Hi Spsk:

What operating system are you on? Unfortunately, you meed need to
grant the ASPNET account additional priviledges to get to work if you
see a 1314. In the local security policy MMC give your account Assign
Primary Token and Increase Quota Name.