How to run perl script in visually hidden manner on Win XP

Robert Rozman

Hi,

I have some bluetooth control program that will let me execute perl scipts
(with statement : perl mhsend.pl args).

I don't exactly know how does this program executes, but there is big
command prompt comming in focus over other applications and I'd like to
avoid that.

Are there any tricks to hide this command prompt or run these scripts
visually hidden manner on winxp ?

Thanks in advance,

Robert.

Paul Lalli

Robert said:
I have some bluetooth control program that will let me execute perl scipts
(with statement : perl mhsend.pl args).

I don't exactly know how does this program executes, but there is big
command prompt comming in focus over other applications and I'd like to
avoid that.

Are there any tricks to hide this command prompt or run these scripts
visually hidden manner on winxp ?

Are you using the ActiveState distribution of Perl? If so, use the
program wperl.exe, rather than perl.exe. wperl will not generate a
command-line window.

Paul Lalli