How to run script after specified amount of time after login

vasanth kumar

Hi All,

Is it possible to run a script after specified amount of time after
login. I made an online test tool. I want to end the test after 20 minutes.
At present one who is writing the exam clicks this endtest script. I want to
handle this from software, if he takes more than the given time.

-Vasanth

Evertjan.

vasanth kumar wrote on 03 okt 2004 in
Is it possible to run a script after specified amount of time after
login. I made an online test tool. I want to end the test after 20
minutes. At present one who is writing the exam clicks this endtest
script. I want to handle this from software, if he takes more than the
given time.

That is not really the ASP way, methinks. A serverside script that runs by
itself after 20 minutes, will not reach the client by itself.

My solution:

Set the datetime in a database at his logon and disallow any test action
after 20 minutes have passed, informing the user of the end of the test.

"Your test time [20 minutes] has elapsed, without you pressing 'finished'.
Please press the 'finished' button now for your results:"