    At present one who is writing the exam clicks this endtest script. I want to
    handle this from software, if he takes more than the given time.

    -Vasanth

    vasanth kumar, Oct 3, 2004

  2. vasanth kumar

    Evertjan. Guest

    vasanth kumar wrote on 03 okt 2004 in
    > Is it possible to run a script after specified amount of time after
    > login. I made an online test tool. I want to end the test after 20
    > minutes. At present one who is writing the exam clicks this endtest
    > script. I want to handle this from software, if he takes more than the
    > given time.

    That is not really the ASP way, methinks. A serverside script that runs by
    itself after 20 minutes, will not reach the client by itself.

    My solution:

    Set the datetime in a database at his logon and disallow any test action
    after 20 minutes have passed, informing the user of the end of the test.

    "Your test time [20 minutes] has elapsed, without you pressing 'finished'.
    Please press the 'finished' button now for your results:"

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Oct 3, 2004