    Pawel_Iks Guest

    I have some program in the executable form (for example notepad.exe in
    windows) and I want to run it in C++ code. How to do it?

    Pawel_Iks, Sep 19, 2007

  2. Pawel_Iks

    Jim Langston Guest

    "Pawel_Iks" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have some program in the executable form (for example notepad.exe in
    > windows) and I want to run it in C++ code. How to do it?

    This is better asked in a windows newsgroup because the answer can be OS
    specific. system is one way, but then you can also run the executable in
    it's own process, which becomes windows specific. It all depends on what you
    are trying to accomplish.

    Jim Langston, Sep 20, 2007

  3. Pawel_Iks

    Randy Guest

    > >I have some program in the executable form (for example notepad.exe in
    > > windows) and I want to run it in C++ code. How to do it?

    > This is better asked in a windows newsgroup because the answer can be OS
    > specific. system is one way, but then you can also run the executable in
    > it's own process, which becomes windows specific. It all depends on what you
    > are trying to accomplish.

    This is totally os-centric however, Windows DDE (Dynamic Data
    Exchange) may be what you are after.
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms648774.aspx#_win32_Dynamic_Data_Exchange_Concepts

    I wonder if there is a way of getting a handle back from :
    std::system("notepad.exe");

    Randy, Sep 20, 2007