How to run SWT Application in HelloWorld Plugin Example

Naveen

Hi,

I have created some small application in SWT. I tried
sample plugin example Hello World sample which was available.
When i execute a Hello World plugin as a new Eclipse Application, then
a button will be displayed on the
Eclipse SDK, and when i click that button i can view the message, as
per the example.

Could anyone tell me how can i create a plugin in which my swt
application will be embeded into it, i.e when
i run it as an eclipse application, it shoud create a button in the
Eclipse Application(SDK), so that when i click on that, my SWT
application shoud run.

Or else, if there is any other way to achieve this plz guide me..!!

Please reply to this... its very urgent pleasee....
Regards,
Sai Kumar.
Please any body reply to this.. Its urgent..

Christian

Naveen said:
Hi,

I have created some small application in SWT. I tried
sample plugin example Hello World sample which was available.
When i execute a Hello World plugin as a new Eclipse Application, then
a button will be displayed on the
Eclipse SDK, and when i click that button i can view the message, as
per the example.

You can contribute for example an action to the eclipse workspace via
the extension points... thats how it works..
with this action you may then open a new editor or view for showing your
hello world.
So you should probably inform yourself first a bit about how to make an
editor or view, and how to modify the plugin.xml so your workspace knows
about the presence of your action and Editor/View.

There is a good book out there from Erich Gamma .. about the Rich Client
Platform that may get you started.

Christian

Naveen

You can contribute for example an action to the eclipse workspace via
the extension points... thats how it works..
with this action you may then open a new editor or view for showing your
hello world.
So you should probably inform yourself first a bit about how to make an
editor or view, and how to modify the plugin.xml so your workspace knows
about the presence of your action and Editor/View.

There is a good book out there from Erich Gamma .. about the Rich Client
Platform that may get you started.

Christian

Hi,
Thanks for the info Christian.