How to run SWT Application in HelloWorld Plugin Example

Discussion in 'Java' started by Naveen, Apr 5, 2007.

  1. Naveen

    Naveen Guest

    Hi,

    I have created some small application in SWT. I tried
    sample plugin example Hello World sample which was available.
    When i execute a Hello World plugin as a new Eclipse Application, then
    a button will be displayed on the
    Eclipse SDK, and when i click that button i can view the message, as
    per the example.

    Could anyone tell me how can i create a plugin in which my swt
    application will be embeded into it, i.e when
    i run it as an eclipse application, it shoud create a button in the
    Eclipse Application(SDK), so that when i click on that, my SWT
    application shoud run.

    Or else, if there is any other way to achieve this plz guide me..!!

    Please reply to this... its very urgent pleasee....
    Regards,
    Sai Kumar.
    Please any body reply to this.. Its urgent..

    Naveen, Apr 5, 2007

  2. Naveen

    Christian Guest

    Naveen schrieb:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have created some small application in SWT. I tried
    > sample plugin example Hello World sample which was available.
    > When i execute a Hello World plugin as a new Eclipse Application, then
    > a button will be displayed on the
    > Eclipse SDK, and when i click that button i can view the message, as
    > per the example.

    You can contribute for example an action to the eclipse workspace via
    the extension points... thats how it works..
    with this action you may then open a new editor or view for showing your
    hello world.
    So you should probably inform yourself first a bit about how to make an
    editor or view, and how to modify the plugin.xml so your workspace knows
    about the presence of your action and Editor/View.

    There is a good book out there from Erich Gamma .. about the Rich Client
    Platform that may get you started.

    Christian

    Christian, Apr 5, 2007

  3. Naveen

    Naveen Guest

    On Apr 5, 5:37 pm, Christian <> wrote:
    > Naveen schrieb:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > I have created some small application in SWT. I tried
    > > sample plugin example Hello World sample which was available.
    > > When i execute a Hello World plugin as a new Eclipse Application, then
    > > a button will be displayed on the
    > > Eclipse SDK, and when i click that button i can view the message, as
    > > per the example.

    > You can contribute for example an action to the eclipse workspace via
    > the extension points... thats how it works..
    > with this action you may then open a new editor or view for showing your
    > hello world.
    > So you should probably inform yourself first a bit about how to make an
    > editor or view, and how to modify the plugin.xml so your workspace knows
    > about the presence of your action and Editor/View.
    >
    > There is a good book out there from Erich Gamma .. about the Rich Client
    > Platform that may get you started.
    >
    > Christian

    Hi,
    Thanks for the info Christian.