How to save an XML Doc in remote server

T.Jeywin Lizy

How to save an XML Doc in remote server
like we save xml file in local system as doc.Save("data.xml");

where doc is -----> XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
Please let me know what should be the parameter of Save() method to store in
FTP.

Thanks
Lizy

Mr. Arnold

T.Jeywin Lizy said:
How to save an XML Doc in remote server
like we save xml file in local system as doc.Save("data.xml");

where doc is -----> XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
Please let me know what should be the parameter of Save() method to store
in
FTP.

If the FTP server you're talking about is local to you, then you should be
able to give the UNC/directory name/data.xml in the doc.Save(UNC/directory
name/data.xml ). I'll assume you know what UNC means.

Joined
Sep 3, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi Arnold
Thanks for your reply
I use UNC and am to store the file in that remote location.But can I use server name 123.126.123.9 instead of UNC like
doc.Save(@"\\123.126.123.9\e$\dirName\Data.xml").

Thanks
T.Jeywin Lizy

Joined
Sep 3, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi Arnold
I am able to save xmldoc using ip address too.Above confusion caused due to error message Access denied. Any way thanks a lot for your reply.
If you have any idea about 'Access Denied to Path'
ie about security setting,
adding accout as aspnet or authenticated user or ...
attribite setPermission to class etc
please share.

Thanks
T.Jeywin Lizy