How to save C# class generated from ASPX page?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by derek, Dec 17, 2004.

  1. derek

    derek Guest

    I am using Visual Studio .NET Professional (first version) and am
    trying to view
    the generated C# file that is created from an ASP.NET (.aspx) page when
    its first
    requested. I can see where its being placed but it must be removed
    after the
    MSIL code is generated for it. Do you know any way to configure
    vstudio to keep
    the generated class files around so I can view them? I would like to
    analyze the
    generated code.. especially when I get an error in the page.

    Thanks,
    Derek

    ps. this is where it says the generated files are placed prior to
    compilation:
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\315c01\83249c80\3856d1b7

    derek, Dec 17, 2004

  2. >I am using Visual Studio .NET Professional (first version) and am
    > trying to view
    > the generated C# file that is created from an ASP.NET (.aspx) page when
    > its first
    > requested. I can see where its being placed but it must be removed
    > after the
    > MSIL code is generated for it. Do you know any way to configure
    > vstudio to keep
    > the generated class files around so I can view them? I would like to
    > analyze the
    > generated code.. especially when I get an error in the page.

    Enable debugging by including a <%@ Page Debug="true" %> directive in the
    ASPX files or a <compilation debug="true"> statement in web.config. Then
    look for the generated CS files in the temporary folder (eg. 315c01`..) in
    \%SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.nnnn\Temporary ASP.NET Files.

    Anders Norås
    http://dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/anoras/

    Anders Norås [MCAD], Dec 17, 2004