how to save python interpreter's command history

Sakcee

this has been a problem for me for some time.

I want to save the interpretters command history to a file, there is a
history file in my user directory .pyhistory but it saves only like 500
or so

how can I make it save all the commands and not delete it, any other
suggestions that people use is welcome

thanks