How to save user's information across the whole web site?

Victor

Hi Guys.
I have a question about which is the best way to store user info across the
whole website. Now I have 3 web servers and each server has enabled the web
garden (6 wps). now I want to save the current user's detail across the
whole website without using session. I am considering saving in
HttpContext.Current.Items or NamedDataSlot in each thread. which one is more
reliable (or better) in this situation? Or any reference of the comparison
of these two?

Thank you.

Guest

Victor,
First off I would comment that "WebGarden" probably isn't the correct
setting for a mulit-proc box that is supposed to be participating in a web
farm (more than one machine hosting the application).

You didn't specify "what kind of" user information you want to persist, but
in a mutiple- machine scenario, where any given request could land on any one
of your machines, you really only have 2 options:

1) ASP.NET StateServer service running on one of the boxes, with all three
boxes pointing to it's IP address.
2) SQL Server Session State, with all three boxes talking to the same SQL
Server.

You can find out how to set these up very easily by reading the ASP.NET
documentation.

But first, I would take care to ensure that what you quote as "WebGarden" is
cleared up.

Peter