    What option should I use to scan linked source directory using
    cscope ??

    , May 7, 2007

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >Hi.
    >
    >I'm trying to scan linked source directory using "cscope"
    >
    >In normal case (without linked source directory), "cscope -R " works
    >vety well.
    >But when linked source directory included, "cscope -R" wouldn't scan
    >that linked directoty.
    >
    >What option should I use to scan linked source directory using
    >cscope ??

    As always:

    Off topic. Not portable. Cant discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

    Useful clc-related links:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clique
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_programming_language

    Kenny McCormack, May 7, 2007

  3. Richard Guest

    writes:

    > Hi.
    >
    > I'm trying to scan linked source directory using "cscope"
    >
    > In normal case (without linked source directory), "cscope -R " works
    > vety well.
    > But when linked source directory included, "cscope -R" wouldn't scan
    > that linked directoty.
    >
    > What option should I use to scan linked source directory using
    > cscope ??

    The key is to create your cscope files at the top of their source
    hierarchy.

    Then link *them* to the top level of your programming directories. You
    can then create project specific cscope files in the individual project
    directories. cscope will automatically propagate up the directories
    reading all cscope.out files it finds. It will eventually find the link
    to the big "library" cscope.out files which you created earlier.

    cscope is an invaluable aid in Linux to navigating the huge C codebase
    IMO.

    Richard, May 7, 2007