    check for virus? Is there any other aulternate alltogather?
    Thanks in advance,
    Raj.

    Raj Dhrolia, Feb 12, 2004

  2. Raj Dhrolia

    Janaka Guest

    Have you taken a look at what you can strip out before using an anti-virus?
    For example do you know the file types the uploader requires? You can stop
    all other files being uploaded by checking the ContentType of the file.
    This would stop you from saving a .exe for example if all your program uses
    are .xls or .doc files.

    "Raj Dhrolia" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > In my ASP.NET application, I want to scan the files uploaded by users
    > for virus.
    > The only option i have right now is to use the command-line exe of my
    > local antivirus. The exe generates a html file on which i do string
    > processing. But this does not seems to be an ideal solution.
    > Is there any third party components which provides API thru which i

    can

    Janaka, Feb 12, 2004