How to scan the uploaded file for virus.

Raj Dhrolia

Hi,
In my ASP.NET application, I want to scan the files uploaded by users
for virus.
The only option i have right now is to use the command-line exe of my
local antivirus. The exe generates a html file on which i do string
processing. But this does not seems to be an ideal solution.
Is there any third party components which provides API thru which i can
check for virus? Is there any other aulternate alltogather?
Thanks in advance,
Raj.

Janaka

Have you taken a look at what you can strip out before using an anti-virus?
For example do you know the file types the uploader requires? You can stop
all other files being uploaded by checking the ContentType of the file.
This would stop you from saving a .exe for example if all your program uses
are .xls or .doc files.