How to schedule execution of code?

Virgil Stokes

Suppose that I have some Python code (vers. 2.6) that has been converted into an
*.exe file and can be executed on a Windows (Vista or 7) platform. What can one
do to have this *.exe executed at a set of specific times each day? In addition,
if a day is missed (e.g. computer on which it resides goes down), then it will
be executed the next time the computer is successfully started up.

It might be useful to know that the purpose of this code is to collect data from
a set of RSS feeds.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Irmen de Jong

Suppose that I have some Python code (vers. 2.6) that has been converted
into an *.exe file and can be executed on a Windows (Vista or 7)
platform. What can one do to have this *.exe executed at a set of
specific times each day? In addition, if a day is missed (e.g. computer
on which it resides goes down), then it will be executed the next time
the computer is successfully started up.

It might be useful to know that the purpose of this code is to collect
data from a set of RSS feeds.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Have you tried the Windows Task Scheduler tool?

Irmen