How to search net for own images?

Sebastian Stein

Hi,

by a coincidence I found a page on the web using my images and a translated
version of one of my pages. I wrote an email to the authors to take this down,
because of violating my copyright.

Anyway, is there a way that I can search for my images on the net? I mean there
are several image search engines, but you can only search for file names and
not for example upload a file to search for. How do companies like map creators
search for copyright violations on the net?

Would be great if someone can point me to something useful?

Regards,

Sebastian

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Sebastian Stein
Hi,

by a coincidence I found a page on the web using my images and a
translated version of one of my pages. I wrote an email to the authors
to take this down, because of violating my copyright.

Anyway, is there a way that I can search for my images on the net? I
mean there are several image search engines, but you can only search
for file names and not for example upload a file to search for. How do
companies like map creators search for copyright violations on the
net?

Would be great if someone can point me to something useful?

Regards,

Sebastian

IIRC certain watermarking can be traced. Look into Digimarc.