    and still give him a copy? Any idea? just wild guess like compiling the
    project into .exe, component or dll. I have no idea. Please advise!

    Isabella

    Isabella, Nov 22, 2003

  2. obfuscation
    http://www.devx.com/SummitDays/Article/11351

    Randy
    http://www.kbcafe.com

    Randy Charles Morin, Nov 22, 2003

  3. Isabella

    Anton Sommer Guest

    Hello Randy,

    I am curious how an asp.net user can access the managed code from the web
    anyway.

    Thank you

    Anton

    Anton Sommer, Nov 24, 2003
  4. Isabella

    Michael Ames Guest

    Isabella,

    Unlike older versions of ASP, with ASP.NET you do not have to include the
    ..vb source code files when you deploy the web application. The vb code will
    be compiled into a dll, which will reside in the /bin subdirectory on your
    site.

    However, it is fairly easy for someone to decompile a .NET dll into its
    source code. Obfiscation, which was mentioned by the other responder, will
    make the decompiled code more or less useless.

    So depending on how tech savvy you think this customer is, the fact that the
    ..vb files are already compiled into a DLL might be enough. But if you think
    they're likely to attempt to decompile, you should look into obfuscation.

    -Michael

    Michael Ames, Nov 25, 2003
  5. By default, you can't.

    Randy