How to secure one web app with another web app...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Maras, Jun 17, 2004.

  1. Maras

    Maras Guest

    Hello,

    my IIS web directory looks like this:

    root_app (asp.net web app)
    |__ app1 (asp.net web app)
    |__ app2 (asp.net web app)
    |__ app3 (asp.net web app)

    I'd like to secure my apps: app1, app2, app3 and i'd like to have one
    central user, which is defined for example in web.config in root_app web
    application.
    My problem is, that app2 and app3 need to have extra security procedure,
    they have their own Formsauthentication procedure.
    Is it possible to get this configuration? I don't want to use IIS
    authentication.
    I've tried to define in root_app in web.config forms authentication but it
    doesn't seem to secure my app2 or app3, which have their own web.configs
    and which are separate applications.
    I'd like to notice this solution is only a temp solution, only for guys who
    test my portal, in the future only app2 and app3 will have to be secured.
    Have you any ideas what is the best way to solve this my problem?
    Thanks in advance.

    --
    Best regards
    Maras