    How to do it..
    --
    Leo
    Leo, Jul 20, 2004

  2. Leo

    Mike Smith Guest

    securing a web service can be the same way u do it to a web site..
    using authentication so that the caller would have to send over credentials
    before being able to access the webmethod results.

    one can also go into a more advanced fashion by creating ur very own custome
    soap extensions to include in the soap headers some authentication info like
    username and passwords (encrypted of course)

    --
    Regards,
    Mike

    "Leo" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I want to make sure that no one else can call and receive data from my web

    methods?
    > How to do it..
    > --
    > Leo

    ---
    Mike Smith, Jul 20, 2004

  3. Leo

    Gerald Brose Guest

    Leo wrote:
    > I want to make sure that no one else can call and receive
    > data from my web methods?
    > How to do it..

    The answer below was given to an almost identical question in
    another thread:

    Rather than hardcoding security logic into your applications
    you can use a separate SOAP Firewall that allows you to

    - integrate security transparently (i.e. without modifying
    application code) even in multi-vendor deployments

    - manage your security policies centrally, using a professional
    admin console GUI

    You may want to take a look at Xtradyne's WS-DBC (Domain Boundary
    Controller), which delivers comprehensive security and enterprise-
    grade performance. See http://www.xtradyne.com for more info.

    Regards, Gerald.
    --
    Dr. Gerald Brose mailto: