    them simultaniously in a .TXT file. how i can do that? as far as i
    remember in the past it was a .do file .

    thank you

    xenix, Nov 20, 2007

  2. On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 05:04:23 -0800 (PST), xenix <>
    wrote:

    >Hello all,
    >
    >I am running a vhdl design in modelsim and i would like some of these
    >signals somehow to be displayed as the following :
    >
    ><At T=159 ns dat a_in <= "0000">
    >
    >in the modelsim main window and if i can grab these results and write
    >them simultaniously in a .TXT file. how i can do that? as far as i
    >remember in the past it was a .do file .

    Write a piece of Tcl. Use "echo" to send stuff to the transcript
    window rather than Tcl's regular "puts", because "puts" sends
    things to the OS console, and you want it to go to ModelSim's
    transcript window.

    set text_file_handle [open "RESULT.TXT" w]
    set T [scaleTime $now 1ns]
    set a_in [examine /top/dut/a_in]
    set message [format {<At T=%s a_in="%s">} $T $a_in]
    echo $message
    puts $text_file_handle $message
    close $text_file_handle

    Save your Tcl script in a file (conventionally, use either
    the .do or .tcl extension) and then use ModelSim's [do]
    command, or the traditional Tcl [source] commmand, to
    execute it.
    --
    Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

    DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how