How to send a kill signal from Eclipse?

Ahmed Moustafa

In development, how to send a kill signal from Eclipse to a running
application?

Thanks in advance

Yar Hwee Boon

Ahmed Moustafa said:
In development, how to send a kill signal from Eclipse to a running
application?

Thanks in advance

Do you mean how you can stop a program that you ran from Eclipse? Go
to the console view and click the terminate button (with a squarish
icon). You can select which program to terminate from the dropdown in
console view first, if you ran more than 1 program from Eclipse.

Is that what you looking for?

Hwee Boon

Ahmed Moustafa

In development, how to send a kill signal from Eclipse to a running
Do you mean how you can stop a program that you ran from Eclipse? Go
to the console view and click the terminate button (with a squarish
icon). You can select which program to terminate from the dropdown in
console view first, if you ran more than 1 program from Eclipse.

Is that what you looking for?

Nope, I've a shutdown hook in my application (for a clean shutdown when
a kill signal is sent), and what I am looking for is how to test that
from within Eclipse.

Yar Hwee Boon

Ahmed Moustafa said:
Nope, I've a shutdown hook in my application (for a clean shutdown when
a kill signal is sent), and what I am looking for is how to test that
from within Eclipse.

You used Runtime.addShutdownHook(Thread)? I test that from the command line :p

Ahmed Moustafa

In development, how to send a kill signal from Eclipse to a running
You used Runtime.addShutdownHook(Thread)? I test that from the command line :p

Yeah, that works fine. My question is how to do that from Eclipse!