How to send an html message with inline images and text for non html mail clients?

John Sutter

I want to send emails that show up as html in the mail client including
images plus an alternative text for non html capable mail clients. I know
that the MailMessage class creates its own text part from the html but I
don't want do that because its probably won't look right so I want to add
my own text version.

I tried to send a message where the body is a pure html string but Outlook
didn't render it but showed the html tags. I did use MailFormat.Html but I
guess some encoding wasn't done properly.

Anyone knows how to send a self contained messages that include the text,
html and images? Lumping these as mhtml?

John