How to send broadcast message over network and collect all the IPaddress?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Sandeep Arya, Jul 15, 2005.

  1. Sandeep Arya

    Sandeep Arya Guest

    Hello to all

    Well this is my first mail on this list. I am facing a problem associated
    with collecting IP address on my network.

    What i thought is to send broadcast packet over the network and then
    recieving back the reply from the computers and bridges connected to my
    network and then adding their IP Address in a list.

    How this can be achieved? Say my computer on which application will run's IP
    is 192.168.100.254 and subnetmask is 255.255.255.0

    How to do this in core Python?

    Sandeep

    7000 classifieds
    http://www.sulekha.com/classifieds/cllist.aspx?nma=IN&ref=msn -Chennai,