How to send email Alerts Automatically?

Malik Asif Joyia

Hello
How we can send the email alerts automatically..
mean on a specific date and time.
thanks

Malik Asif Joyia

Hello

kindly tell me some idea or give me some sample code.
i m totaly new to it....
i am making application in asp.net using vb.net

thanks

Teemu Keiski

Windows Services are another application type in .NET. You can't make
reliable and predictable timer system using ASP.NET.

Either you can use Windows Services to do it (they run at background all the
time and therefore are capable to user timer mechanisms), or you can put
timed jobs into database (SQL Server) and use it's email mechanism (can't
recall the procedure name at the moment)

You'll see more about Windows Services here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../vbconintroductiontontserviceapplications.asp

Kissy

Hello Malik,
i was just wondering if you found your solution for the question. if
you did is it anyway you could posted outthere. the this is i am trying
to do the same thing.

Curt_C [MVP]

you can't automate this, something needs to trigger/call the system to fire
off a process. HTTP is a request/response system.