how to send files via bluetooth with python to a mobile

Drex

Hi,

I have been looking on the internet for some info about sending files
from PC to a mobile phone (I have a nokia 6288) but I was not able to
find anything.

there is a lot of info how to transfer files from a symbian phone to a
pc, but nothing about sending them in the oposite direction.

would anybody point me to some resources on the topic?

thanks, regards
dz

vedrandekovic

Drex je napisao/la:
Hi,

I have been looking on the internet for some info about sending files
from PC to a mobile phone (I have a nokia 6288) but I was not able to
find anything.

there is a lot of info how to transfer files from a symbian phone to a
pc, but nothing about sending them in the oposite direction.

would anybody point me to some resources on the topic?

thanks, regards
dz

Hi,

I'm not sure but try this: ( py_s60 )

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyed/

regards,

vedran

Drex

Hey,

thanks, but I am affraid this is not what I was looking for. I need to
have some library on my pc (linux) that would allow me to transfer a
file to a bluetooth mobile phone (the mine doesn't have symbian). I
have some programs that allow to do that like for ex. obex_client but
I would like to write something similar using python.

thanks!
regards
dz

Diez B. Roggisch

Drex said:
Hey,

thanks, but I am affraid this is not what I was looking for. I need to
have some library on my pc (linux) that would allow me to transfer a
file to a bluetooth mobile phone (the mine doesn't have symbian). I
have some programs that allow to do that like for ex. obex_client but
I would like to write something similar using python.

Wrap this

http://www.zuckschwerdt.org/apidocs/

using ctypes.

Diez

Drex

Hi, I tried the example from the site
http://dev.zuckschwerdt.org/openobex/wiki/ObexFtpExampleClientPython

but I am getting the following error:

/home/daniel/projekty/_moje/python/send_txt_to_mobile.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/daniel/projekty/_moje/python/send_txt_to_mobile.py", line
5, in
devs = cli.discover();
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/obexftp/__init__.py",
line 37, in
__getattr__ = lambda self, name: _swig_getattr(self, client, name)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/obexftp/__init__.py",
line 21, in _swig_getattr
raise AttributeError,name
AttributeError: discover

on this line: