How to send form using POST method and use showModalDialog at the same time (complete question)

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by JEL, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. JEL

    JEL Guest

    Hi everybody,

    i'm writing a function to post a form and at the same time to open a
    modal or non-modal window (this is currently for IE 5.5 only)
    i already found a solution for the non-modal stuff and it works well,
    the pb is for the modal version of the function
    any idea ?
    i have created my own adresseURL (concating the p_commande and all the
    attributes of my form) and passing it to the dialogArguments of
    showModalDialog and it works well for 'little' forms because it's a
    GET method and i have too many attributes in my form so i need to use
    a POST method (which is the default method of my form)
    many thanks in advance

    function js_openWindow(p_commande,p_winWidth,p_winHeight,p_isModal,p_nameForm,p_isToNavigate){
    if (p_isModal){
    // i want here my showModalDialog
    }else{
    var form = eval(p_nameForm);
    var tempTarget = form.target;
    var tempAction = form.action;
    form.target = 'KJ';
    form.action = p_commande;
    p_windowProperties="width=" +p_winWidth +",height=" +
    p_winHeight + ",dependent,status=no,toolbar=no,resizable=no,scrollbars=no"
    newWindow=window.open('','KJ',p_windowProperties);
    form.submit();
    form.target = tempTarget;
    form.action = tempAction;
    newWindow.focus();