    topic but I can't find the solution.
    Does anyone have ever use this function?Can you give me some advice? Thanks
    a lot!
    navyliu, Dec 16, 2006

  2. Most mail servers (including Lotus Notes) would support SMTP protocol.
    You should ask admin about stuff like server name (or IP), port.
    Then use System.Web.Mail (.net 1.1) or System.Net.Mail (.net 2.0).

    Thi
    http://thith.blogspot.com

    Truong Hong Thi, Dec 16, 2006

  3. navyliu

    Oliver Sturm Guest

    Hello navyliu,

    I found this interesting because I used to do similar things when I was
    still using Delphi, so I had a look around and found a number of things.
    First, there's IBM's Lotus developer area with a number of downloads here:

    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/lotus/downloads/toolkits.html

    There's also a link there to the developer forums, which I found a good
    resource back when I was doing this. I couldn't see a .NET specific
    download there, but at least they still have the C/C++ API, so it should
    be pretty easy to make use of that, if necessary.

    The .NET thing seems to be provided in pretty comprehensive form by a 3rd
    party, if you're willing to go that way. A company called Proposion has an
    interface component/library for .NET. Info is here:

    http://www.proposion.com/N2NV3

    Hope this helps!

    Oliver Sturm
    --
    http://www.sturmnet.org/blog
    Oliver Sturm, Dec 16, 2006
  4. navyliu

    Oliver Sturm Guest

    Hello Thi,

    >Most mail servers (including Lotus Notes) would support SMTP protocol.
    >You should ask admin about stuff like server name (or IP), port.
    >Then use System.Web.Mail (.net 1.1) or System.Net.Mail (.net 2.0).

    Good idea there :) I went a bit further in what I used to do with Lotus
    Notes, but of course using SMTP might very well be an option if sending
    email is really the only thing you want to do.

    OTOH, I wouldn't be surprised if SMTP wasn't an option in many locations
    using Notes - in my experience, they often like to use the Notes protocol
    exclusively on the internal side of their networks... Not a Notes specific
    thing really, very many Exchange networks won't allow you to do SMTP
    internally either.

    Oliver Sturm
    --
    http://www.sturmnet.org/blog
    Oliver Sturm, Dec 16, 2006
  5. Domino mail servers support SMTP, POP3, IMAP and MIME. With the exception of
    the use of the Notes routing protocols internally the mail interfaces are
    quite generic, so any of the send protocols should be accepted.

    If your default internal mail server doesn't support SMTP then your admin
    almost certainly has a route into the system from the outside world that
    does, and is then routed internally between mail servers using the notes
    protocols.

    --
    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)