How to send Lotus Notes Email Via C#

navyliu

I want send Lotus Notes Email automatic in my Application.I googled this
topic but I can't find the solution.
Does anyone have ever use this function?Can you give me some advice? Thanks
a lot!

Truong Hong Thi

Most mail servers (including Lotus Notes) would support SMTP protocol.
You should ask admin about stuff like server name (or IP), port.
Then use System.Web.Mail (.net 1.1) or System.Net.Mail (.net 2.0).

Thi
http://thith.blogspot.com

Oliver Sturm

Hello navyliu,

I found this interesting because I used to do similar things when I was
still using Delphi, so I had a look around and found a number of things.
First, there's IBM's Lotus developer area with a number of downloads here:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/lotus/downloads/toolkits.html

There's also a link there to the developer forums, which I found a good
resource back when I was doing this. I couldn't see a .NET specific
download there, but at least they still have the C/C++ API, so it should
be pretty easy to make use of that, if necessary.

The .NET thing seems to be provided in pretty comprehensive form by a 3rd
party, if you're willing to go that way. A company called Proposion has an
interface component/library for .NET. Info is here:

http://www.proposion.com/N2NV3

Hope this helps!

Oliver Sturm

Oliver Sturm

Hello Thi,
Most mail servers (including Lotus Notes) would support SMTP protocol.
You should ask admin about stuff like server name (or IP), port.
Then use System.Web.Mail (.net 1.1) or System.Net.Mail (.net 2.0).

Good idea there :) I went a bit further in what I used to do with Lotus
Notes, but of course using SMTP might very well be an option if sending
email is really the only thing you want to do.

OTOH, I wouldn't be surprised if SMTP wasn't an option in many locations
using Notes - in my experience, they often like to use the Notes protocol
exclusively on the internal side of their networks... Not a Notes specific
thing really, very many Exchange networks won't allow you to do SMTP
internally either.

Oliver Sturm

John Timney \(MVP\)

Domino mail servers support SMTP, POP3, IMAP and MIME. With the exception of
the use of the Notes routing protocols internally the mail interfaces are
quite generic, so any of the send protocols should be accepted.

If your default internal mail server doesn't support SMTP then your admin
almost certainly has a route into the system from the outside world that
does, and is then routed internally between mail servers using the notes
protocols.

--
Regards

John Timney (MVP)