How to Send Request to IIS Server after the Page Displayed

Prabhat Nath

Hi All,

Is that possible that I can send request to IIS Server after a .ASP page is
displayed?

My Requirement is:

Clinet will Fill the Details in one Request Form after the details are
filled then the Request Files will be shown to the user as Link in Another
page. (Currently before Sending the Link Page to Customer I am updating DB
in Different Servers Located Different Palces - So It takes Time).

So What is My Requrement is After the user gives his details - I will
directly display the Link Page and After the Link Page is Sent to Browser
then I will Execute / Update the DB.

How Can I Do that?
Please Help

Thanks
Prabhat

Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]

Several techniques here -- they deal with setting a session variable, but
you could definitely use the same logic to write to a file or to a database
or send an e-mail, basically anything you normally do in ASP excluding
writing out HTML to the browser.

http://www.aspfaq.com/2281

Don Miller

You could do all of this client-side using XMLHTTP and Javascript, aka
"Ajax". As your client fills in a form, the links could be "magically"
updated on the same page without a refresh or entirely new page. I suppose
(with Ajax) you could also update the DB whenever you choose to with
server-side scripting.

Roland Hall

in message
Is that possible that I can send request to IIS Server after a .ASP page is
: displayed?
:
: My Requirement is:
:
: Clinet will Fill the Details in one Request Form after the details are
: filled then the Request Files will be shown to the user as Link in Another
: page. (Currently before Sending the Link Page to Customer I am updating DB
: in Different Servers Located Different Palces - So It takes Time).
:
: So What is My Requrement is After the user gives his details - I will
: directly display the Link Page and After the Link Page is Sent to Browser
: then I will Execute / Update the DB.
:
: How Can I Do that?
: Please Help