How to Send Request to IIS Server after the Page Displayed

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Prabhat Nath, Jul 22, 2005.

  1. Prabhat Nath

    Prabhat Nath Guest

    Hi All,

    Is that possible that I can send request to IIS Server after a .ASP page is
    displayed?

    My Requirement is:

    Clinet will Fill the Details in one Request Form after the details are
    filled then the Request Files will be shown to the user as Link in Another
    page. (Currently before Sending the Link Page to Customer I am updating DB
    in Different Servers Located Different Palces - So It takes Time).

    So What is My Requrement is After the user gives his details - I will
    directly display the Link Page and After the Link Page is Sent to Browser
    then I will Execute / Update the DB.

    How Can I Do that?
    Please Help

    Thanks
    Prabhat
    Prabhat Nath, Jul 22, 2005

  2. Several techniques here -- they deal with setting a session variable, but
    you could definitely use the same logic to write to a file or to a database
    or send an e-mail, basically anything you normally do in ASP excluding
    writing out HTML to the browser.

    http://www.aspfaq.com/2281

    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP], Jul 22, 2005

  3. Prabhat Nath

    Don Miller Guest

    You could do all of this client-side using XMLHTTP and Javascript, aka
    "Ajax". As your client fills in a form, the links could be "magically"
    updated on the same page without a refresh or entirely new page. I suppose
    (with Ajax) you could also update the DB whenever you choose to with
    server-side scripting.

    Don Miller, Jul 22, 2005
  4. Prabhat Nath

    Prabhat Nath Guest

    Hi Don, Can you post some samples please? Thanks. Prabhat

    Prabhat Nath, Jul 23, 2005
  5. Prabhat Nath

    Don Miller Guest

    Google "ajax javascript xmlhttp". It's everywhere! For example,

    http://www.adaptivepath.com/publications/essays/archives/000385.php

    Don Miller, Jul 23, 2005
  6. Prabhat Nath

    Roland Hall Guest

    Is that possible that I can send request to IIS Server after a .ASP page is
    : displayed?
    :
    : My Requirement is:
    :
    : Clinet will Fill the Details in one Request Form after the details are
    : filled then the Request Files will be shown to the user as Link in Another
    : page. (Currently before Sending the Link Page to Customer I am updating DB
    : in Different Servers Located Different Palces - So It takes Time).
    :
    : So What is My Requrement is After the user gives his details - I will
    : directly display the Link Page and After the Link Page is Sent to Browser
    : then I will Execute / Update the DB.
    :
    : How Can I Do that?
    : Please Help