How to set Gridview colum size ?

fniles

I am using VS 2005.
I have a gridview that I bound to a datasource.
The gridview has 2 columns: Number column and Description column.
I would like to always make the Number column a narrow column and
Description column a wide column.
Right now, say I have 2 pages of data, and on the 1st page there is a long
description, then the Description column will be wide.
But when I go to the 2nd page, and if there is no long description, the
Description column becomes narrow.
Is there a way for me to make each column always a certain width size?
Thank you.