how to set table's first column to be static and remaining can be scrolled through CSS

balakrishnan.dinesh

Hi frnds,

Here is my secanrio.

I have created a table , it seems to be,

~ Table's head part (table headings) will be static , and
rest of part (rest of the rows) can be scrolled vertically at the
right.
It is done through CSS .

* (CSS) Code which i used for this is
classname { top:
expression(document.getElementById("tbl-container").scrollTop-2) , and
it is for verticall scroll.

I want to know know the case for below
~ now my senario is
In a new table
First COLUMN should be static , and remaining column
should scrolled vertically at the bottom.

Can anyone tell me suggestion to how to solve this

Rgrds..
Dinesh...

Matt Kruse

Paul said:
Matt, thats pretty sweet.
But, I've got to point out that the tfoot is supposed to go before the
tbody. ;-) (http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/tables.html)

Yes, I know this, but I choose to ignore it :)
No browser chokes on having the tbody last, and it makes more logical sense
when building and viewing the source. I think the w3c's reasoning for saying
it should precede the tbody is kind of a stretch.

I've also used multiple thead and tfoot elements in tables to fix some
situations and no browsers complain even though the w3c says I shouldn't do
so! But I'd rather have the functionality now and ignore the specs when
necessary than follow the specs exactly and reduce functionality :)