    Does anyone know how to set the connection pool size in the Sybase
    connection string?

    Wei Lu

    Wei Lu, Feb 15, 2009

  2. Wei  Lu

    Steven Cheng Guest

    Hi Wei,

    As for the sybase connectionstring, are you using the .NET AseConnection
    provider? If so, I think you can use the following two parameters in your
    connectionstring:

    ** "max pool size";
    ** "min pool size";

    e.g.

    Data Source='myASEserver';Port=5000;Database=myDataBase; min pool size=50;
    max pool size=100; Uid=myUsername;Pwd=myPassword;

    Actually, you can get more parameters info by inspect the
    "AseConnectoinPoolManager" class in reflector:

    internal AseConnectionPool(string connectionString)
    {
    this._connectionString = new ConnectionProperties();
    this._database = null;
    this._isolationLevel = IsolationLevel.Unspecified;
    this._min = 20;
    this._max = 100;
    this._count = 0;
    this._pooling = true;
    this._pool = ArrayList.Synchronized(new ArrayList());
    this._connectionString.FullString = connectionString;
    string s =
    this._connectionString.GetValue(ConnectionProperties._minPoolSizeParametersN
    ames);
    string str2 =
    this._connectionString.GetValue(ConnectionProperties._maxPoolSizeParametersN
    ames);
    if (s != null)
    {
    this._min = int.Parse(s);
    }
    if (str2 != null)
    {
    this._max = int.Parse(str2);
    }
    string str3 =
    this._connectionString.GetValue(ConnectionProperties._poolingParametersNames
    );
    if (str3 != null)
    {
    str3 = str3.ToLower();
    if (str3 == "false")
    {
    this._pooling = false;
    }
    if (str3 == "true")
    {
    this._pooling = true;

    //and the name of parameters defined below

    static ConnectionProperties()
    {
    _tdsMapping = new Hashtable();
    _datasourceNames = "Server;Data Source;DataSource;Address;Addr;Network
    Address;Server Name";
    _portNames = "Port;Server Port";
    _secondaryDatasourceNames = "SecondaryServer;Secondary Data
    Source;Secondary DataSource;Secondary Server;Secondary Address;Secondary
    Addr;Secondary Network Address;Secondary Server Name";
    _secondaryPortNames = "SecondaryPort;Secondary Port;Secondary Server
    Port";
    _databaseNames = "Database;Initial Catalog";
    _timeoutNames = "Connect Timeout;Connection Timeout";
    _useridNames = "User ID;userid;uid;User";
    _passwordNames = "Password;pwd";
    _applicationNames = "Application Name";
    _languageNames = "Language";
    _charsetNames = "CharSet";
    _packetSizeNames = "Packet Size";
    _enableServerPacketSizeNames = "Enable Server Packet Size;
    EnableServerPacketSize";
    _restrictMaximumPacketSizeNames = "Restrict Maximum Packet Size;
    RestrictMaximumPacketSize";
    _bufferPoolSizeNames = "Buffer Pool Size";
    _isolationNames = "Isolation;Isolation Level";
    _useCursorNames = "UseCursor;Use Cursor";
    _namedParametersNames = "NamedParameters";
    _poolingParametersNames = "pooling";
    _maxPoolSizeParametersNames = "max pool size";
    _minPoolSizeParametersNames = "min pool size";
    _pingServerNames = "Ping Server";
    _dsurl = "DSURL;Directory Service URL";
    _dsUserName = "DSPrincipal;Directory Service Principal";
    _dsPassword = "DSPassword;Directory Service Password";
    _dsDomain = "DSDomain;Directory Service Domain";
    _dsAuthMethod = "DSAuthMethod;Directory Service Authentication Method";
    _encryption = "Encryption";
    _trustedFile = "TrustedFile";
    _cumulativeRecordCountNames = "CumulativeRecordCount;Cumulative Record
    Count;CRC";
    _encryptPwd = "EncryptPassword;EncryptPwd;Encrypt Password";
    _haSession = "HASession";
    _idleTimeout = "ConnectionIdleTimeout;Connection IdleTimeout;
    Connection Idle Timeout;";
    _lifetime = "Connection Lifetime";
    _datasourceName = "Data Source";
    _portName = "Port";
    _secondaryDatasourceName = "Secondary Data Source";
    _secondaryPortName = "SecondaryPort";
    _tdsMapping.Add(_useridNames, "UserID");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_passwordNames, "Password");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_datasourceNames, "Server");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_portNames, "Port");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_applicationNames, "ApplicationName");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_languageNames, "Language");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_charsetNames, "CharSet");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_packetSizeNames, "PacketSize");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_bufferPoolSizeNames, "BufferCacheSize");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_databaseNames, "Database");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_isolationNames, "Isolation");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_timeoutNames, "LoginTimeOut");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_useCursorNames, "UseCursor");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_encryptPwd, "EncryptPassword");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_haSession, "HASession");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_secondaryDatasourceNames, "SecondaryServer");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_secondaryPortNames, "SecondaryPort");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_dsurl, "DSURL");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_dsUserName, "DSPrincipal");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_dsPassword, "DSPassword");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_dsDomain, "DSDomain");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_dsAuthMethod, "DSAuthMethod");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_encryption, _encryption);
    _tdsMapping.Add(_trustedFile, _trustedFile);
    _tdsMapping.Add(_cumulativeRecordCountNames, "CRC");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_idleTimeout, "ConnectionIdleTimeout");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_lifetime, "Connection Lifetime");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_enableServerPacketSizeNames, "EnableServerPacketSize");
    _tdsMapping.Add(_restrictMaximumPacketSizeNames,
    "RestrictMaximumPacketSize");

    for more info on the ASE provider, we suggest you have a look at the sybase
    ASE ADO.NET document:

    http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.help.os_15.0.a
    donet/html/adonet/title.htm&

    Sincerely,