how to set the Default homepage using javascript without prompting a pop up.

pavi

Anyone know how to set the Default homepage using javascript without
prompting a pop up.

Below is the code i used to set default home page.

onClick="this.style.behavior='url(#default#homepage)';this.setHomePage('http://
www.xyz.com');">set the homepage</a>

The problem with this code is when i click the link it prompts me a
popup window asking "Would you like to set your Home Page to http://www.xyz.com".

I don't want the popup window to display. is their a way to avoid it
and directly set the default home page.

Henry

Anyone know how to set the Default homepage using javascript
without prompting a pop up.

Below is the code i used to set default home page.

onClick="this.style.behavior='url(#default#homepage)';
this.setHomePage('htt­p://www.xyz.com');">set the homepage</a>

The problem with this code is when i click the link it prompts me a
popup window asking "Would you like to set your Home Page
tohttp://www.xyz.com".

I don't want the popup window to display. is their a way to
avoid it and directly set the default home page.

Don't be silly. If that were allowed half the web sites on the planet
would automatically set all their visitor's home pages to their own
site every time they visited. It would make a nonsense out of the
concept of a home page, and would be very unpopular.

Gregor Kofler

pavi meinte:
The problem with this code is when i click the link it prompts me a
popup window asking "Would you like to set your Home Page to http://www.xyz.com".

I don't want the popup window to display. is their a way to avoid it
and directly set the default home page.

LOL. I suppose your website is God's gift to mankind, and therefore
everybody has to have it as default homepage. No wait. Those Russian
porn spammers think the same. Ah, wrong again, these blokes who
permanently offer prescription free drugs deserve it...