    popup window asking "Would you like to set your Home Page to http://www.xyz.com".

    I don't want the popup window to display. is their a way to avoid it
    and directly set the default home page.

    pavi, Aug 17, 2007

  2. pavi

    Henry Guest

    On Aug 17, 12:50 pm, pavi <> wrote:
    > Anyone know how to set the Default homepage using javascript
    > without prompting a pop up.
    >
    > Below is the code i used to set default home page.

    > onClick="this.style.behavior='url(#default#homepage)';
    > this.setHomePage('htt­p://www.xyz.com');">set the homepage</a>
    >
    > The problem with this code is when i click the link it prompts me a
    > popup window asking "Would you like to set your Home Page
    > tohttp://www.xyz.com".
    >
    > I don't want the popup window to display. is their a way to
    > avoid it and directly set the default home page.

    Don't be silly. If that were allowed half the web sites on the planet
    would automatically set all their visitor's home pages to their own
    site every time they visited. It would make a nonsense out of the
    concept of a home page, and would be very unpopular.

    Henry, Aug 17, 2007

  3. Re: how to set the Default homepage using javascript without promptinga pop up.

    pavi meinte:

    > The problem with this code is when i click the link it prompts me a
    > popup window asking "Would you like to set your Home Page to http://www.xyz.com".
    >
    > I don't want the popup window to display. is their a way to avoid it
    > and directly set the default home page.

    LOL. I suppose your website is God's gift to mankind, and therefore
    everybody has to have it as default homepage. No wait. Those Russian
    porn spammers think the same. Ah, wrong again, these blokes who
    permanently offer prescription free drugs deserve it...

    --
    http://www.gregorkofler.at ::: Landschafts- und Reisefotografie
    http://www.licht-blick.at ::: Forum für Multivisionsvorträge

    Gregor Kofler, Aug 17, 2007