How to set the evironment variables?

Discussion in 'C++' started by constructor, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. constructor

    constructor Guest

    Hi all,

    i don't know whether it is appropriate to ask this question in this group.
    just as below:

    I have installed dev-cpp 4.9.8£¬and it is just a wrap of gcc3.2. i just want
    to use g++ compile in command line, and i have set the environment
    variables, just like this:
    D:\>set lib
    lib=c:\Dev-Cpp\lib

    D:\>set include

    include=c:\Dev-Cpp\include;c:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++;c:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\min
    gw32
    ;c:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\backward

    when i compile the .cpp in command line, it just tell me can't find the std
    lib, just like this:
    D:\>g++ 1.cpp
    1.cpp:1:20: iostream: No such file or directory
    1.cpp:2:18: locale: No such file or directory

    my os is win2k.
    Thanks

    constructor, Mar 1, 2004

  2. "constructor" <> wrote...
    > i don't know whether it is appropriate to ask this question in this group.

    It's appropriate to ask. You will just get a different answer than one
    you expected, I'm afraid.

    > just as below:
    >
    > I have installed dev-cpp 4.9.8£¬and it is just a wrap of gcc3.2. i just

    want
    > to use g++ compile in command line, and i have set the environment
    > variables, just like this:
    > D:\>set lib
    > lib=c:\Dev-Cpp\lib

    [...]
    > my os is win2k.

    It would be better to ask in a newsgroup that deals with administering
    or using that operating system. I don't know its name, sorry. Another
    good newsgroup to ask would probably be one that deals with your
    compiler (gnu.g++.help, maybe).

    Victor Bazarov, Mar 1, 2004

  3. constructor

    constructor Guest

    oh, thanks anyway

    constructor, Mar 1, 2004
  4. constructor

    constructor Guest

    hi all,

    I have asked this question in "gnu.g++.help", but there seems no people
    to visit the group! for two days, there have no new articles in that group,
    who can help me ?

    constructor, Mar 2, 2004
  5. constructor

    Buster Guest

    constructor wrote:

    >>>I have installed dev-cpp 4.9.8£¬and it is just a wrap of gcc3.2. i just
    >>>want
    >>>to use g++ compile in command line, and i have set the environment
    >>>variables, just like this:
    >>> D:\>set lib
    >>> lib=c:\Dev-Cpp\lib

    >>[...]
    >>
    >>>my os is win2k.

    To specify include/library paths, invoke g++ with "-I
    C:\Dev-Cpp\include", "-I C:\Dev-cpp\include\c++", etc., and "-L
    C:\Dev-Cpp\lib". I imagine that part of the point of dev-cpp is that the
    IDE takes care of these things. If you're intent on using the command
    line it would be simpler to use MinGW directly, or through MSYS (a small
    unix-like environment for Windows that provides bash etc.). It really
    shouldn't be necessary for you to know about details such as the
    location of the standard headers, let alone to have to tell g++ about
    them every time, and the system is capable of handling this for you if
    it has been set up to do so.

    I've tried to find the installation instructions in the dev-cpp tree and
    had no luck, so I'm not surprised you're having trouble. If you still
    can't get it working I'm willing to download the whole thing and see if
    I can figure something out for you.

    Regards,
    Buster.

    Buster, Mar 2, 2004