How to set the evironment variables?

constructor

Hi all,

i don't know whether it is appropriate to ask this question in this group.
just as below:

I have installed dev-cpp 4.9.8£¬and it is just a wrap of gcc3.2. i just want
to use g++ compile in command line, and i have set the environment
variables, just like this:
D:\>set lib
lib=c:\Dev-Cpp\lib

D:\>set include

include=c:\Dev-Cpp\include;c:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++;c:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\min
gw32
;c:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\backward

when i compile the .cpp in command line, it just tell me can't find the std
lib, just like this:
D:\>g++ 1.cpp
1.cpp:1:20: iostream: No such file or directory
1.cpp:2:18: locale: No such file or directory

my os is win2k.
Thanks

Victor Bazarov

constructor said:
i don't know whether it is appropriate to ask this question in this group.

It's appropriate to ask. You will just get a different answer than one
you expected, I'm afraid.
just as below:

I have installed dev-cpp 4.9.8£¬and it is just a wrap of gcc3.2. i just want
to use g++ compile in command line, and i have set the environment
variables, just like this:
D:\>set lib
lib=c:\Dev-Cpp\lib [...]

my os is win2k.

It would be better to ask in a newsgroup that deals with administering
or using that operating system. I don't know its name, sorry. Another
good newsgroup to ask would probably be one that deals with your
compiler (gnu.g++.help, maybe).

constructor

oh, thanks anyway

Victor Bazarov said:
constructor said:
i don't know whether it is appropriate to ask this question in this
group.

It's appropriate to ask. You will just get a different answer than one
you expected, I'm afraid.
just as below:

I have installed dev-cpp 4.9.8£¬and it is just a wrap of gcc3.2. i just want
to use g++ compile in command line, and i have set the environment
variables, just like this:
D:\>set lib
lib=c:\Dev-Cpp\lib [...]

my os is win2k.

It would be better to ask in a newsgroup that deals with administering
or using that operating system. I don't know its name, sorry. Another
good newsgroup to ask would probably be one that deals with your
compiler (gnu.g++.help, maybe).

constructor

hi all,

I have asked this question in "gnu.g++.help", but there seems no people
to visit the group! for two days, there have no new articles in that group,
who can help me ?

Victor Bazarov said:
constructor said:
i don't know whether it is appropriate to ask this question in this
group.

It's appropriate to ask. You will just get a different answer than one
you expected, I'm afraid.
just as below:

I have installed dev-cpp 4.9.8£¬and it is just a wrap of gcc3.2. i just want
to use g++ compile in command line, and i have set the environment
variables, just like this:
D:\>set lib
lib=c:\Dev-Cpp\lib [...]

my os is win2k.

It would be better to ask in a newsgroup that deals with administering
or using that operating system. I don't know its name, sorry. Another
good newsgroup to ask would probably be one that deals with your
compiler (gnu.g++.help, maybe).

Buster

constructor said:
I have installed dev-cpp 4.9.8£¬and it is just a wrap of gcc3.2. i just
want
to use g++ compile in command line, and i have set the environment
variables, just like this:
D:\>set lib
lib=c:\Dev-Cpp\lib
[...]

my os is win2k.

To specify include/library paths, invoke g++ with "-I
C:\Dev-Cpp\include", "-I C:\Dev-cpp\include\c++", etc., and "-L
C:\Dev-Cpp\lib". I imagine that part of the point of dev-cpp is that the
IDE takes care of these things. If you're intent on using the command
line it would be simpler to use MinGW directly, or through MSYS (a small
unix-like environment for Windows that provides bash etc.). It really
shouldn't be necessary for you to know about details such as the
location of the standard headers, let alone to have to tell g++ about
them every time, and the system is capable of handling this for you if
it has been set up to do so.

I've tried to find the installation instructions in the dev-cpp tree and
had no luck, so I'm not surprised you're having trouble. If you still
can't get it working I'm willing to download the whole thing and see if
I can figure something out for you.

Regards,
Buster.