    a textbox causes one of the other buttons to get the focus. How does
    the browser determin which submit button gets the focus?
    , Mar 2, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > I have a basic form with a few textboxes and 3 submit buttons.
    > Clicking a textbox causes one of the other buttons to get the focus.
    > How does the browser determin which submit button gets the focus?

    Can't say as I've ever seen a form with just a few textboxes that
    required three submit buttons.

    I think you will need to post the URL so we can see what it is you are
    really up to...

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 2, 2006

  3. In article <lOHNf.7264$>,
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I have a basic form with a few textboxes and 3 submit buttons.
    >> Clicking a textbox causes one of the other buttons to get the focus.
    >> How does the browser determin which submit button gets the focus?

    >Can't say as I've ever seen a form with just a few textboxes that
    >required three submit buttons.

    I've seen and done lots. Seems to me it's just the order they appear
    in the HTML. I use Opera, and used to use netscape until Opera was
    ready for prime time. Is this not what you're seeing?

    1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home page: http://rs79.vrx.net
    Richard Sexton, Mar 2, 2006
  4. Richard Sexton wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty <> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a basic form with a few textboxes and 3 submit buttons.
    >>> Clicking a textbox causes one of the other buttons to get the
    >>> focus. How does the browser determin which submit button gets the
    >>> focus?

    >> Can't say as I've ever seen a form with just a few textboxes that
    >> required three submit buttons.

    > I've seen and done lots.

    Got a link? <g>

    > Seems to me it's just the order they appear in the HTML. I use Opera,
    > and used to use netscape until Opera was ready for prime time. Is
    > this not what you're seeing?

    Not sure what your comment about Netscape and Opera means here. The OP
    didn't post any link so how could we see what his question relates to,
    no matter what browser was used.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 2, 2006