    ad Guest

    I want to limin the length of password must larger than 6.
    How can I do with Login Controls of asp.net 2.0

    ad, Dec 2, 2006

  2. Hey ad,

    If you are creating a new user, and are using the create user wizard,
    set the PasswordRegularExpression to \w{6,}

    If you're changing the password of an existing user, and are using the
    changepassword control, set the PasswordRegularExpression to \w{6,}

    --

    Bits.Bytes.
    http://bytes.thinkersroom.com

    Rad [Visual C# MVP], Dec 2, 2006

  3. See :
    http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/427.aspx

    In web.config...

    minRequiredPasswordLength="7"
    minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="1"

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Dec 2, 2006
  4. ad

    ad Guest

    If I wnat there must be a alpha charater in the password,. How can I do?

    "Rad [Visual C# MVP]" <>
    ???????:...

    ad, Dec 2, 2006
  5. The character class \w covers alphanumeric characters. It is the same
    as [a-zA-Z_0-9] which includes the underscore.

    You can find more detail here...

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...en-us/cpgenref/html/cpconcharacterclasses.asp

    Brennan Stehling
    http://brennan.offwhite.net/blog/

    Brennan Stehling, Dec 2, 2006
  6. ad

    ad Guest

    But I want that there must include at least one alpha in it.
    How can I do?
    "Brennan Stehling" <>

    ad, Dec 2, 2006
  7. Maybe you missed my reply to you ?