How to set-up Apache for XML 2 XHTML

Geoff

This may seem like an elementary question, but I haven't been able to
find a candid answer yet.

Current set-up: I have a bunch of xml files that describe product
information, and one xsl file to transform that data to xhtml. This
transformation is being done on the client(browser) at the moment.

Problem: My users use NN and IE(most using IE5.5), so some see the
transformation, and others don't. To make it even weirder, different
clients with the same version of IE(5.5) have mixed results... some see
the transformation, some don't.

What I want: I want to perform the xml transformation on the Apache
server, and serve the xhtml file to the client. What exactly do I need
to attain this? Xerces/Xalan... something else?

Thank you,
GTB