How to set VM parameter for JBuilder native executables?

Kaidi

A very quick question:

I use JBuilder 7 and created a native executable (for Win32 platform).
However, I find there is no way for me to set the VM paramter for this
..exe file!

When I write/debug the program in JBuilder, in the project property I
can set a VM parameter as -Xmx500M (yes, my program needs quite a lot
of memory).

However, I find out that when I create the .exe native executable,
that paramter is lost (so that I get out of memory errors).

Anyone has any idea how to set it for my .exe?
Thanks.

John C. Bollinger

Kaidi said:
A very quick question:

I use JBuilder 7 and created a native executable (for Win32 platform).
However, I find there is no way for me to set the VM paramter for this
.exe file!

When I write/debug the program in JBuilder, in the project property I
can set a VM parameter as -Xmx500M (yes, my program needs quite a lot
of memory).

However, I find out that when I create the .exe native executable,
that paramter is lost (so that I get out of memory errors).

Anyone has any idea how to set it for my .exe?

If you are lucky, then JBuilder will allow you to specify an equivalent
when it creates the EXE for you. One of the disadvantages of creating a
native executable, however, is that your program no longer runs in a
real Java VM. That has a whole host of implications, the extent of
which depend on the specific details of the transformation to native
code. Most of the time there is very little advantage to compiling to a
native executable; I'd suggest that you jettison that idea.

John Bollinger
(e-mail address removed)

Kaidi

Thanks for the reply. And yes, I know that a EXE may not be the best
way for the application but it is what I need under my situation.

So, back to my question: any one know how to set the VM paramter for
this EXE? I did't find any place for me to set it either from
JBuilder's EXE wizard nor from the manifest.mf.

Thanks.

Kaidi

oh, yes,
I find in JBuilder 9, it has such options to set the VM paramter for
the EXE file. Thanks.