    I have downloaded Xerces but fail to find installation procedure
    (only jar xf *.zip files).

    Thank you in advance.
    itpcl, Jan 8, 2004

  2. itpcl wrote:

    > I have just installed Apache web server and Tomcat.
    > The windows server now can show Servlet/JSP file.
    >
    > What next components should I download and install
    > in order to make the Apache web server to understand XML file?

    In the context of a web server, there's no such thing as "understanding"
    an XML file. Could you please be a bit more specific about what you're
    trying to achieve?

    Julian
    Julian Reschke, Jan 8, 2004

  3. itpcl

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <btj7o0$7162o$-berlin.de>, one of infinite monkeys
    at the keyboard of Julian Reschke <> wrote:

    > In the context of a web server, there's no such thing as "understanding"
    > an XML file. Could you please be a bit more specific about what you're
    > trying to achieve?

    Could mean processing it through an xmlns or xslt filter, in which case
    modules.apache.org would be a good place to start.

    --
    Nick Kew

    In urgent need of paying work - see http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html
    Nick Kew, Jan 8, 2004
  4. itpcl

    itpcl Guest

    > In the context of a web server, there's no such thing as "understanding"
    > an XML file. Could you please be a bit more specific about what you're
    > trying to achieve?

    Just want the Apache web server to display XML file.
    itpcl, Jan 9, 2004
  5. itpcl wrote:
    >>In the context of a web server, there's no such thing as "understanding"
    >>an XML file. Could you please be a bit more specific about what you're
    >>trying to achieve?
    >>

    > Just want the Apache web server to display XML file.

    Servers do not "display" files. They send content tp browsers, and the
    browsers display it.

    So again: what kind of XML files, what's happening now, and what do you
    like to happen instead?
    Julian Reschke, Jan 9, 2004
  6. itpcl

    itpcl Guest

    > Could mean processing it through an xmlns or xslt filter, in which case
    > modules.apache.org would be a good place to start.

    Cannot find xmlns or xslt under modules.apache.org ?
    itpcl, Jan 10, 2004
  7. itpcl

    itpcl Guest

    > Servers do not "display" files. They send content tp browsers, and the
    > browsers display it.
    >
    > So again: what kind of XML files, what's happening now, and what do you
    > like to happen instead?

    The Apache web server is OK to display Severlet/Jsp pages
    after installation of Tomcat.

    But for XML files, it shows like the following.

    The XML page cannot be displayed
    Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error
    and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
    itpcl, Jan 10, 2004
  8. "itpcl" <> wrote in message

    >> Servers do not "display" files. They send content tp browsers, and the
    >> browsers display it.
    >>
    >> So again: what kind of XML files, what's happening now, and what do you
    >> like to happen instead?

    > The Apache web server is OK to display Severlet/Jsp pages
    > after installation of Tomcat.
    >
    > But for XML files, it shows like the following.
    >
    > The XML page cannot be displayed
    > Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error
    > and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

    That looks like a client-side error. The XML document references an XSLT
    document, and either the server can't serve it from where the client
    thinks it is, or it's not valid on the XML document.

    Groetjes,
    Maarten Wiltink
    Maarten Wiltink, Jan 10, 2004