How to setup JBoss for JMS (not MDB-JMS) ?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Thomas Stein, Oct 18, 2004.

  1. Thomas Stein

    Thomas Stein Guest

    How do I setup JBoss for JMS ?

    I don't want to create a MessageDrivenBean MDB
    but a simple producer and a simple consumer java class.
    In some tutorial it is said that this scenario requires to start the J2EE server with

    j2eeadmin -addJmsDestination MyQueue queue

    and to list all available Jms Queues by

    j2eeadmin -listJmsDestination

    But these commands seems to be suitable only for on the Sun Web Server.
    How to I write those commands under JBoss?

    Is there a way to setup a JMS queue from java or do I have to change
    a XML property file?

    Thomas
    Thomas Stein, Oct 18, 2004