How to setup the user?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lloyd Dupont, Jan 5, 2006.

  1. Lloyd Dupont

    Lloyd Dupont Guest

    I want to have a simplistic user login functionality.
    Basically I don't want to bother setup the an identity database on my
    ASP.NET webserver provider, I just want to hard code a very simple 1 hard
    coded user (me), which could log in.

    However I would like my simplistic customer identification process to play
    nice with:
    page.User

    so login is automatically track and keep in the session.

    Anyway to do that.
    I have a simplistic login control, but I don't know what to to write in the
    "Submit" button handler...

    --
    I have taken a vow of poverty. If you want to really piss me off, send me
    money.

    Lloyd Dupont, Jan 5, 2006

  2. Lloyd Dupont

    theiwaz Guest

    Lloyd,

    I would suggest you try the ASP.NET Forms Authentication.
    At
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...uide/html/cpconsimplecookieauthentication.asp

    you'll find a simple sample how to do it.

    Marcus

    theiwaz, Jan 5, 2006

  3. Lloyd Dupont

    Lloyd Dupont Guest

    Real cool :)
    Thanks Marcus!

    Lloyd Dupont, Jan 5, 2006
  4. Lloyd Dupont

    Lloyd Dupont Guest

    One more question.
    I know that might sound silly when there is only one user but, anyway, what
    if some of the resources I use Allow or Deny access based on the current
    user's role?
    How do I setup role with this (simple) Form authentication?

    I did a quick search but didn't find an as simple answer....

    Lloyd Dupont, Jan 7, 2006
  5. Lloyd Dupont

    Lloyd Dupont Guest

    found it:
    http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/2004/02/02/effectiveformsauth.html

    "Lloyd Dupont" <net.galador@ld> wrote in message
    > One more question.
    > I know that might sound silly when there is only one user but, anyway,
    > what if some of the resources I use Allow or Deny access based on the
    > current user's role?
    > How do I setup role with this (simple) Form authentication?
    >
    > I did a quick search but didn't find an as simple answer....
    >
    > "theiwaz" <> wrote in message
    >> Lloyd,
    >>
    >> I would suggest you try the ASP.NET Forms Authentication.
    >> At
    >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...uide/html/cpconsimplecookieauthentication.asp
    >>
    >> you'll find a simple sample how to do it.
    >>
    >> Marcus
    >>

    >> Lloyd Dupont schrieb:
    >>
    >>> I want to have a simplistic user login functionality.
    >>> Basically I don't want to bother setup the an identity database on my
    >>> ASP.NET webserver provider, I just want to hard code a very simple 1
    >>> hard
    >>> coded user (me), which could log in.
    >>>
    >>> However I would like my simplistic customer identification process to
    >>> play
    >>> nice with:
    >>> page.User
    >>>
    >>> so login is automatically track and keep in the session.
    >>>
    >>> Anyway to do that.
    >>> I have a simplistic login control, but I don't know what to to write in
    >>> the
    >>> "Submit" button handler...
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> I have taken a vow of poverty. If you want to really piss me off, send
    >>> me
    >>> money.

    Lloyd Dupont, Jan 7, 2006