How to setup the user?

Lloyd Dupont

I want to have a simplistic user login functionality.
Basically I don't want to bother setup the an identity database on my
ASP.NET webserver provider, I just want to hard code a very simple 1 hard
coded user (me), which could log in.

However I would like my simplistic customer identification process to play
nice with:
page.User

so login is automatically track and keep in the session.

Anyway to do that.
I have a simplistic login control, but I don't know what to to write in the
"Submit" button handler...

Lloyd Dupont

One more question.
I know that might sound silly when there is only one user but, anyway, what
if some of the resources I use Allow or Deny access based on the current
user's role?
How do I setup role with this (simple) Form authentication?

I did a quick search but didn't find an as simple answer....

theiwaz said:
Lloyd,

I would suggest you try the ASP.NET Forms Authentication.
At
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...uide/html/cpconsimplecookieauthentication.asp

you'll find a simple sample how to do it.

Marcus