How to setup webserver for Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by A, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. A

    A Guest

    Hello,
    I have a webhosting account with one company.
    I can use python from command line through Telnet(SSH) but can not run successfully
    Python program from a browser.(They use Apache web server.)
    What must I do?
    What permission must I set on directory and the python file?
    Here is a simple program I would like to run
    ########
    #!/usr/bin/python
    print "Content-Type: text/html" print
    print"AAA"
    ########
    Thanks for help
    Ladislav

    Best regards,
    Ladislav Blazek( Mr.)

    BMA TRADING Ltd.
    email1:
    email2:
    email3:
    Fax:/Tel +420 516 447921
    Tel:+420 516 447920,
    Mobile:+420 602 849309

    A, Jul 3, 2003

  2. A

    Jiri Barton Guest

    Jiri Barton, Jul 3, 2003

  3. A

    Richard Guest

    "A" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hello,
    > I have a webhosting account with one company.
    > I can use python from command line through Telnet(SSH) but can not run successfully
    > Python program from a browser.(They use Apache web server.)
    > What must I do?
    > What permission must I set on directory and the python file?
    > Here is a simple program I would like to run
    > ########
    > #!/usr/bin/python
    > print "Content-Type: text/html" print
    > print"AAA"
    > ########
    > Thanks for help
    > Ladislav
    >
    > I look forward to hearing from you soon.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Ladislav Blazek( Mr.)

    I would ask if they have mod_python setup, and if not, I would request
    it. This keeps python loaded into memory so there is much less load
    put on the server than having to load python every time your page got
    a hit.

    Richard

    Richard, Jul 3, 2003