how to share user controls across apps

dx

I have 3 vb.net web applications. I would like all 3 to have access to a
library of user controls. server controls wouldn't cause a problem but these
are user controls (ascx.) From each solution I reference the user control
library project and create a virtual directory under each applicatoin that
links to the folder that contains the ascx files but I get a runtime error
like:

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Reg.AffFooter'.

Any ideas? Much thanks in advance.

Stan

Felipe Garcia

You can accomplish this in a "pretty ugly way".
Try publishing your user controls in GAC.

dx

Thanks for your reply Felipe. I'm curious, do you consider this ugly due to
performance degredation or some other reason?

Thanks again!

stan