How to show a big size jpg into screen ( auto resize)

Boki

Hi All,

I have some jpg files that is 1.3Mega pixel, it is impossible to show a full
image in to screen ( phone )

could you please advice which function ( library - free ) I can use ?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Boki.

Roedy Green

could you please advice which function ( library - free ) I can use ?

you can use drawImage to draw part of the image. to speed
transmission, you will want to split the image into pieces with some
sort of image editor for downloading. Unfortunately when you do that
you get strange artifacts with JPEG since each piece will be
compressed separately.

Andrew Thompson

Boki said:
I have some jpg files that is 1.3Mega pixel, it is impossible to show a full
image in to screen ( phone )

I did not think most phones had enough memory to display a 1.3 Meg JPEG.
(Note the JPEG's becomes bigger between disk and RAM)

bokiteam

I have used some Sony Ericsson's mobile..

They can do that but user must press zoom in/out to see all of them...

K750i/W800i they have 2M pixel camera.

If I missed something, please adivce : )

Best regards,
Boki.

Alun Harford

I have used some Sony Ericsson's mobile..

They can do that but user must press zoom in/out to see all of them...

K750i/W800i they have 2M pixel camera.

If I missed something, please adivce : )

I thought the JPEG standard was cleverly designed to make this possible -
you can do some clever maths to avoid using a lot of memory during the
resize. I don't know the specifics though.

Alun Harford