    how you would show it in a frame? If not, how to create a frames page with 3
    rows, each row showing its target url with fixed width.

    thanks,

    a, Jul 27, 2005

  2. a wrote:

    > I'm trying to aggregate 3 different html pages on 3 rows of one container
    > html page. This can be done with frames all right, but I need these 3
    > pages to show with fixed with, and I haven't been able to do this in a
    > frames page. Is it possible then to show a link target in a table cell,
    > similar to how you would show it in a frame? If not, how to create a
    > frames page with 3 rows, each row showing its target url with fixed width.
    >
    > thanks,

    I think one way to go about it is to construct a frameset page with 2
    columns and 3 rows. The width of the 3 left-handed rows can be set to be
    fixed if I recall correctly. If you hide the between-frames widgets and
    make the width fixed, I think you can get what you are after -- a messy
    page that will be very repellent to its visitors. Try to avoid frames if
    possible. Search engines hate them, referrers hate them and the rest of the
    arguments are left to the literature... [or else this threat will mushroom
    into a 100 'message monster', as always]

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz
    http://Schestowitz.com

    Roy Schestowitz, Jul 27, 2005

  3. a

    a Guest

    > I think one way to go about it is to construct a frameset page with 2
    > columns and 3 rows. The width of the 3 left-handed rows can be set to be
    > fixed if I recall correctly. If you hide the between-frames widgets and
    > make the width fixed, I think you can get what you are after -- a messy
    > page that will be very repellent to its visitors. Try to avoid frames if
    > possible. Search engines hate them, referrers hate them and the rest of
    > the
    > arguments are left to the literature... [or else this threat will mushroom
    > into a 100 'message monster', as always]

    I too would have preferred to solve this otherwise, such as using a table,
    but I don't know how.

    Thanks for your answer!

    a, Jul 27, 2005
  4. Re: Dynamic Table Cells

    a wrote:

    >> I think one way to go about it is to construct a frameset page with 2
    >> columns and 3 rows. The width of the 3 left-handed rows can be set to be
    >> fixed if I recall correctly. If you hide the between-frames widgets and
    >> make the width fixed, I think you can get what you are after -- a messy
    >> page that will be very repellent to its visitors. Try to avoid frames if
    >> possible. Search engines hate them, referrers hate them and the rest of
    >> the
    >> arguments are left to the literature... [or else this threat will
    >> mushroom into a 100 'message monster', as always]

    > I too would have preferred to solve this otherwise, such as using a table,
    > but I don't know how.
    >
    > Thanks for your answer!

    Using AJAX-like techniques you could update the content of table cells
    without reloading the entire page.

    Best Regards,

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz
    http://Schestowitz.com

    Roy Schestowitz, Jul 27, 2005
  5. a

    Guest

    > Is it possible then to show a link target in a table cell, similar to
    > how you would show it in a frame?

    , Jul 27, 2005
  6. a

    a Guest

    Thanks! That did the trick.

    I also used this script
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/iframessi2.htm to dyamically set
    the height. The problem is this only works if dynamic content is enabled in
    the browser. How do you determine in an html page if dynamic content is
    enabled or supported, and how to gracefully dumb down the page so while not
    using the script, it will still show the content instead of a blang page?

    a, Jul 27, 2005
  7. a

    a Guest

    > I also used this script
    > http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/iframessi2.htm to dyamically
    > set the height. The problem is this only works if dynamic content is
    > enabled in the browser. How do you determine in an html page if dynamic
    > content is enabled or supported, and how to gracefully dumb down the page
    > so while not using the script, it will still show the content instead of a
    > blang page?

    Just in case anybody cares, I solved this dynamic content enabled/disabled
    issue by using the <NOSCRIPT> tag.

    a, Jul 28, 2005