How to show a link target in a table cell

I'm trying to aggregate 3 different html pages on 3 rows of one container
html page. This can be done with frames all right, but I need these 3 pages
to show with fixed with, and I haven't been able to do this in a frames
page. Is it possible then to show a link target in a table cell, similar to
how you would show it in a frame? If not, how to create a frames page with 3
rows, each row showing its target url with fixed width.

thanks,

Roy Schestowitz

a said:
I'm trying to aggregate 3 different html pages on 3 rows of one container
html page. This can be done with frames all right, but I need these 3
pages to show with fixed with, and I haven't been able to do this in a
frames page. Is it possible then to show a link target in a table cell,
similar to how you would show it in a frame? If not, how to create a
frames page with 3 rows, each row showing its target url with fixed width.

thanks,

I think one way to go about it is to construct a frameset page with 2
columns and 3 rows. The width of the 3 left-handed rows can be set to be
fixed if I recall correctly. If you hide the between-frames widgets and
make the width fixed, I think you can get what you are after -- a messy
page that will be very repellent to its visitors. Try to avoid frames if
possible. Search engines hate them, referrers hate them and the rest of the
arguments are left to the literature... [or else this threat will mushroom
into a 100 'message monster', as always]

Roy

I think one way to go about it is to construct a frameset page with 2
columns and 3 rows. The width of the 3 left-handed rows can be set to be
fixed if I recall correctly. If you hide the between-frames widgets and
make the width fixed, I think you can get what you are after -- a messy
page that will be very repellent to its visitors. Try to avoid frames if
possible. Search engines hate them, referrers hate them and the rest of
the
arguments are left to the literature... [or else this threat will mushroom
into a 100 'message monster', as always]

I too would have preferred to solve this otherwise, such as using a table,
but I don't know how.

Thanks for your answer!

Roy Schestowitz

a said:
I think one way to go about it is to construct a frameset page with 2
columns and 3 rows. The width of the 3 left-handed rows can be set to be
fixed if I recall correctly. If you hide the between-frames widgets and
make the width fixed, I think you can get what you are after -- a messy
page that will be very repellent to its visitors. Try to avoid frames if
possible. Search engines hate them, referrers hate them and the rest of
the
arguments are left to the literature... [or else this threat will
mushroom into a 100 'message monster', as always]

I too would have preferred to solve this otherwise, such as using a table,
but I don't know how.

Thanks for your answer!

Using AJAX-like techniques you could update the content of table cells
without reloading the entire page.

Best Regards,

Roy

Thanks! That did the trick.

I also used this script
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/iframessi2.htm to dyamically set
the height. The problem is this only works if dynamic content is enabled in
the browser. How do you determine in an html page if dynamic content is
enabled or supported, and how to gracefully dumb down the page so while not
using the script, it will still show the content instead of a blang page?

I also used this script
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/iframessi2.htm to dyamically
set the height. The problem is this only works if dynamic content is
enabled in the browser. How do you determine in an html page if dynamic
content is enabled or supported, and how to gracefully dumb down the page
so while not using the script, it will still show the content instead of a
blang page?

Just in case anybody cares, I solved this dynamic content enabled/disabled
issue by using the <NOSCRIPT> tag.