    Is this possible without javascript?

    Thanks in advance for any help.
    , Aug 8, 2008

  2. Nico Schuyt Guest

    wrote:
    > How to show a page in a cell in html grid on click at link in another
    > cell?
    > Is this possible without javascript?

    I assume you intend to make a menu in one cell and want to show the
    correspondig content in another cell.
    If so, create a new page with the same table and menu and the target
    content.
    If the layout of the page is not too complex: use a div for the menu and
    another div for the content.
    To avoid duplication you can include the menu on every page with PHP: <?php
    include "menu.htm"; ?>

    --
    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Aug 8, 2008

  3. dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "" <> wrote:

    > How to show a page in a cell in html grid on click at link in another
    > cell?

    You can do this literally by using frames. You set up a page with a
    frameset, the frames being laid out as a grid. In some frames you can
    have what amount to whole webpages (yes, even like a page with a gallery
    of thumbnails which when clicked shows enlargements of each).

    In other frames you have links to this particular frame, when you click
    you click into a whole world. So yes, you can do it, there is just the
    tool for you to do this, frames. And easy too.

    There are downsides to this. But the upside is that it is a heck of a
    lot of fun. I suppose you will crumble by the assault of all the old
    killjoys who will tell you how evil is the course I am proposing for you
    to explore.

    If you are not sure what I am saying, ask and I will make a demo for
    you.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 8, 2008
  4. Nico Schuyt Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    > <> wrote:

    >> How to show a page in a cell in html grid on click at link in another
    >> cell?

    > You can do this literally by using frames.
    > [snip]

    Frames?? You should have pointed to the link you gave this morning:
    <http://netweaver.com.au/floatHouse/page10.html> (btw: very comprehensive;
    thanks for that! )

    --
    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Aug 8, 2008
  5. dorayme Guest

    In article <489c23b5$0$22252$>,
    "Nico Schuyt" <nschuyt(AT)gmail(DOT)com> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    > > <> wrote:

    > >> How to show a page in a cell in html grid on click at link in another
    > >> cell?

    > > You can do this literally by using frames.
    > > [snip]

    > Frames?? You should have pointed to the link you gave this morning:
    > <http://netweaver.com.au/floatHouse/page10.html> (btw: very comprehensive;
    > thanks for that! )

    Hi Nico, if we can for a moment abstract from the pros and cons of
    frames, the technology is ideal for what I was imagining the OP might be
    wanting. I don't know how much folk these days know about frames so I
    don't know where I should start to explain? And, it is true that OP was
    not perfectly clear what he wanted. But it is just standard in frames
    technology to click on a link in one frame and to target another frame.

    I was just saying, not particularly recommending. Was reminiscing to the
    time when I had such fun with frames once... <g>.

    I am sure columns, includes, links and html pages in a modern way would
    also simulate the job wanted by OP as you indicated in your correct post
    before.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 8, 2008
  6. Nico Schuyt Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    > "Nico Schuyt"
    >> dorayme wrote:

    >>> You can do this literally by using frames.
    >>> [snip]

    >> Frames?? You should have pointed to the link you gave this morning:
    >> <http://netweaver.com.au/floatHouse/page10.html> (btw: very
    >> comprehensive; thanks for that! )

    > Hi Nico, if we can for a moment abstract from the pros and cons of
    > frames, .....

    I can :)
    If someone intends to built *one* website and doesn't want to pay for a
    professional, then frames are ideal.
    A solution with div's will be way to complex fot those people. A table is
    easier, but even something like a simple php-include can be a problem
    because for testing on local PC one needs to install Apache and PHP.

    --
    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Aug 8, 2008