How to show 'expiry page' when user click 'back' button in browser ?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Darick, Oct 14, 2004.

  1. Darick

    Darick Guest

    I face a problem when i try to develope a e-commerce program.

    i want to show customer 'expiry page' when they try to click 'back'
    button on the checkout page.
    may i know how to do that ? i personally check the forum and try the
    following command.

    #!/usr/bin/perl
    print "Content-type: text/html\n";
    print "Pragma: no-cache\n";
    print "Expires: -1\n";
    print "Cache-Control: no-cache\n";
    print "\n";
    #### follow with the html body content

    but seem like doesn't work. may i know can the above command support
    dynamic page generated by perl cgi program ?
    or support html file only ? can they support normal html file with or
    without form entry ?

    Please help me if anyone know the answer

    Darick, Oct 14, 2004

  2. Darick <> wrote in

    > I face a problem when i try to develope a e-commerce program.
    >
    > i want to show customer 'expiry page' when they try to click 'back'
    > button on the checkout page.
    > may i know how to do that ? i personally check the forum and try the
    > following command.

    What forum did you check?

    > #!/usr/bin/perl
    > print "Content-type: text/html\n";
    > print "Pragma: no-cache\n";
    > print "Expires: -1\n";
    > print "Cache-Control: no-cache\n";
    > print "\n";
    > #### follow with the html body content
    >
    > but seem like doesn't work. may i know can the above command support
    > dynamic page generated by perl cgi program ?

    Your question has nothing to do with Perl. You should head on over to a CGI
    group.

    Sinan.

    A. Sinan Unur, Oct 14, 2004

  3. Darick

    Darick Guest

    On 14 Oct 2004 03:37:04 GMT, "A. Sinan Unur"
    <> wrote:

    >Darick <> wrote in
    >
    >> I face a problem when i try to develope a e-commerce program.
    >>
    >> i want to show customer 'expiry page' when they try to click 'back'
    >> button on the checkout page.
    >> may i know how to do that ? i personally check the forum and try the
    >> following command.

    >What forum did you check?
    >
    >> #!/usr/bin/perl
    >> print "Content-type: text/html\n";
    >> print "Pragma: no-cache\n";
    >> print "Expires: -1\n";
    >> print "Cache-Control: no-cache\n";
    >> print "\n";
    >> #### follow with the html body content
    >>
    >> but seem like doesn't work. may i know can the above command support
    >> dynamic page generated by perl cgi program ?

    >Your question has nothing to do with Perl. You should head on over to a CGI
    >group.

    what forum do u suggest ?

    Darick, Oct 18, 2004
  4. Re: How to show 'expiry page' when user click 'back' button in browser?

    Darick wrote:

    > what forum do u suggest ?

    Is your keyboard broken? It's spelled "you".

    Your news reader app can list the available groups for you. Do that, and
    look for one with "cgi" in its name.

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Oct 18, 2004