How to show popup message in a webform

Ipsita

Hi,

I am explaining the scenario of what I am trying to do:
- I have a webform with some controls, from which I am taking the
data. eg say Username, password
- I am passing these data as parameters to the web service method
result = serviceproxy.VerifyUser(username, password) on the event of
the "Submit" button_click.
- The webservice webmethod uses the username, password to verify if
the user is valid user. If no, it sends an error message to the client
say "Invalid Username" which gets stored in the variable "result" as
shown above.
- I need to show this message stored in variable "result" in a popup
box on the client side. And when the user clicks "OK" on the popup box
he can continue further.

In my button_Click method I am doing the following:
string strScript, result;
Client.proxy serviceproxy = new Client.proxy();
result = serviceproxy.VerifyUser(username, password) ;
strScript = "<script language=JavaScript>alert('" & result &
"')</script>";

I am stuck now..I dont know what exactly to do. Do I need to add
something to the html file?

Can anyone tell me the way to do this? Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards
Ipsita

Ipsita

Hi!

I was able to show a message as an alert. On the client side I used:
Label1.Text = "<script language=JavaScript>alert('Hello');</script>";

The value 'Hello' shows in the pop up alert.

Next phase of the problem is that instead of showing a fixed message
ie 'Hello' in the alert, if I wanted to show the contents of a string
variable, how do I do it?
eg string strMessage = "Excellent";
Label1.Text = "<script language=JavaScript>alert('" & strMessage &
"');</script>"; ----------> this shows compilation error

Please let me know how to show the value of the variable in the pop
up. I am using webform and C# in ASP.NET.

Thanks and Regards
Ipsita

Derek Harmon

Ipsita said:
if I wanted to show the contents of a string variable, how do I do it?
eg string strMessage = "Excellent";
Label1.Text = "<script language=JavaScript>alert('" & strMessage &
"');</script>"; ----------> this shows compilation error

Please let me know how to show the value of the variable in the pop
up. I am using webform and C# in ASP.NET.

Visual Basic uses & to concatenate strings (this is the reason the C# compiler
gives you an error). In C#, use +.