How to sign Javascript - Unable to download the signing tool

atulsureka2006

Hi

I am using AJAX to send http request. If I run the javascript on
localhost then it works fine from all the browser. From remote machine
if I send the request then I get "Permission denied error".

On googling for this error I found that we need to sign the script
using signing tool. however I am not able to download the signing tool
from

http://developer.netscape.com/software/signedobj/jarpack.html

This link is not working.

Can anybody please tell me how to sign the javascript. Is there any
other tool to sign the script.

Thanks
Atul Sureka

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

I am using AJAX to send http request. If I run the javascript on
localhost then it works fine from all the browser. From remote machine
if I send the request then I get "Permission denied error".

You attempted cross-site scripting which is forbidden per the Same
Origin Policy, and cannot be worked around client-side with XHR.
On googling for this error I found that we need to sign the script
using signing tool.

That's a possibility. However, your users will then be bothered by a
warning dialog in Geckos, and I am not sure that it even works for MSHTML.

You better use server-side redirection, provided there is not an issue of
author's rights/Copyright already.
however I am not able to download the signing tool from

http://developer.netscape.com/software/signedobj/jarpack.html

No surprise here, Netscape DevEdge is down since December 2004.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://developer.netscape.com/
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g...rt=10&sa=N&scoring=d&ie=ISO-8859-15&filter=0&
This link is not working.

Can anybody please tell me how to sign the javascript. Is there any
other tool to sign the script.

When will Google finally become a school subject? [psf 6.2]

First hit for "signing scripts":

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/components/signed-scripts.html

You will also find the download link for the signing tool there.

PointedEars