How to simulate J2ME appliations on Palm OS (emulator)?

becek

Hello!

I wanted to write app in J2ME for a palmtop with Palm OS. On
java.sun.com I found information that J2ME Wireless Toolkit 1.0.4_02
runs with Palm OS Emulator. Also the emulators list at (2) said
that. This was confirmed by the The Lurker's Guide to J2ME (3).

I installed J2ME Wireless Toolkit 1.0.4_02 and I haven't found such
an option - there is no PalmOS_Device in a Device pulldown menu. In
Toolkit 2.3 neither. I have PalmOS Emulator up and runnin' but I do
not know how to run a java application (J2ME project)
on it.

What should I do?

Thanks 4 help in advance.

Links
(1) http://java.sun.com/products/sjwtoolkit/download.html
(2)
http://developers.sun.com/techtopics/mobility/midp/articles/emulators/index.html
(3) http://www.blueboard.com/j2me/notes/2002_6_24.htm

Darryl L. Pierce

becek said:
I wanted to write app in J2ME for a palmtop with Palm OS. On
java.sun.com I found information that J2ME Wireless Toolkit 1.0.4_02
runs with Palm OS Emulator. Also the emulators list at (2) said
that. This was confirmed by the The Lurker's Guide to J2ME (3).

I installed J2ME Wireless Toolkit 1.0.4_02 and I haven't found such
an option - there is no PalmOS_Device in a Device pulldown menu. In
Toolkit 2.3 neither. I have PalmOS Emulator up and runnin' but I do
not know how to run a java application (J2ME project)
on it.

What should I do?

Use MIDP4Palm, available from Sun, for running MIDP 1.0 applications on the
PalmOS. This does not require any kind of emulation: MIDP4Palm contains a
PRC file for running MIDlet suites.

For MIDP 2.0, though, you will need to grab the MIDP implementation from
IBM's Websphere Micro.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]>
Homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com/